The author is not responsible for emotional distress caused by these words. Political correctness is not one of his favorite things.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Some folks get angry

I recently received an angry totally emotional response to this blog. I thought it quite immature - a purely schoolboy curse with no redemptive value. It so surprised me I reeled off a curt response. I have received responses of a similar nature before, but have never adopted a policy to deal with them. I now have such a policy.

I cannot prevent anyone from reading my blogs so you folks who don't like to read things that disagree with your "holy" opinions will just have to not read my blogs. As far as I can tell, freedom of speech has not yet been repealed in this country. What I can and will do is remove the email address of those who send me such emails from my address book and from my list of those from whom I accept emails. This will protect both of us from feeling angry, insulted or intimidated. I have already done this for those few individuals who call those who happen to have a view different from their own an "idiot" or "---hole." It will also prevent me from having the strong desire to respond in kind.

Please note! This applies only to purely angry, cursing, irrational responders. Strong even emotional disagreements are certainly welcomed. I ask only reasonable restraint in describing what should be done with certain parts of my anatomy. Ah civility--where has it gone? Replaced, perhaps, by the political correctness of the extreme left who seem to have sunk to pure name calling and expressions of hatred for any and all who disagree with their "sacred" opinions?

For those of you, who for any reason, would like to be removed from my email address books, Click here, send me an email with the word "remove" and it will be so.

No comments: