The author is not responsible for emotional distress caused by these words. Political correctness is not one of his favorite things.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm trying to soften my words. Will Kennedy, Pelosi, Dean et al soften theirs?

My lady, Daphne, tells me my words in political commentary (HoJo's Rants) sound as if I think I "know it all" and thus elicit anger from those with opposing views. She is probably right. I'm sorry if I come across that way. It is definitely not how I think. In fact, nothing could be farther from the truth. These are my O P I N I O N S ! Just like all political views of every other person , they are the OPINIONS of those individuals. I believe I have the right to my opinion and also the right to be wrong. Likewise, I believe those who disagree with my opinions also have the right to be wrong. Also, I don't see things as two opposing views - as black and white, right and left, Republican and Democrat. I rather try to view both positives and negatives of each view and make my decision and opinion accordingly. This is quite difficult when views that oppose my basic ideas elicit a strong opposing reaction. I am especially moved in these directions by those who see their opinions as the only proper or correct ones.

I have never verbally abused or questioned the sanity, intelligence or loyalty of those in my family and among my friends, at least not in many years. In contrast I have been cursed and had my sanity, intelligence and religious views called "unbelievable, disastrous, ridiculous, stupid" and a few other choice invectives by those who cannot understand how I can possibly not see things or believe as they do. While I have been told my opinions are not welcome by several who oppose my views, I listen with respect to the words of these same people, mostly without comment, just to prevent angry responses. Mostly, I try to present facts in contrast to the emotionally charged views of others. I try to at least get others to examine all the facts as well as my opinions and consider opposing views.

I have even been accused of supporting and even being a fundamentalist Christian. Anyone who believes this knows very little about who and what I am. I argue against and have little respect for fundamentalism of any kind from as far back as I can remember. That includes political fundamentalism. Eric Hoffer expressed my views about fundamentalism (he didn't call it that, but the similarity is obvious) as well or better than I could myself.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."

Maybe I should pose my commentaries as questions. Hoffer had something significant to say about that.

"Language was invented to ask questions. Answers may be given by grunts and gestures, but questions must be spoken. Humanness came of age when man asked the first question. Social stagnation results not from a lack of answers but from the absence of the impulse to ask questions."

I have some commentary to add to something my sister sent me. What she sent was quite true and well said. My words are added (in italics) not as a rebuttal, but as an addition, a respectful addition which might indicate a very different perspective. My premise (opinion) for these additions is that fundamentalist Islam presents a menace at least as great as, though quite different from, that the NAZIs did about the time of the Munich agreements. Besides, Islam has more than a millennium of history of death and destruction wherever they went. They clearly express their intentions and back those declarations with action. They've been hacking the heads off of unbelievers for most of their existence. Only now do they have the resources to take on and enslave the world. Why is it so many Americans refuse to see the danger?

It's ludicrous to blame America's actions and presence in the Middle East for the animosity of so many Muslims. That animosity (for Western civilization) has been around for at least a millennium. (I don't see George Bush as having been around that long.)

Certainly I believe my ideas to be right! So do each and every one of you who read these words. We all do that or else abdicate our personal responsibility and self respect. Here's the item from my sister with my comments in italics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Make Love Your Aim." 1 Corinthians 14:1

Yesterday 10 more U.S. soldiers were killed, making October one of the deadliest months on record for the U.S. (Only in the Iraq war) We are fast approaching a tragic 3,000 U.S. soldiers dying in the streets and sands of Iraq .

NOTE: Put those statistics in perspective. Between December 19 and January 25 - 37 days - American forces had 81,000 casualties. 24,000 Americans were captured and 19,000 were killed in a forest near Ardennes, France. That was one battle in WW II. How many of those who died in German concentration camps would you blame on the actions of American forces? I have no figures on civilian deaths caused by American forces, but I'm sure there were some. Also, Iwo Jima: 35 days, 26,000 casualties and 6,800 dead. Guadalcanal: 183 days, 19,000 casualties and 7,100 dead. Big as they were, these were only a few of the many battles of WW II.

I know many readers see this current action as minor and no long range threat. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I however, view it as much more. Islam has always been at war with all who believe differently from them. United, even under the leadership of numerous feuding leaders, they could soon control most of the world's petroleum. Certainly you can see they will then do everything in their power to destroy the economies of the Western World. Once Pakistan is under their control there will be two nuclear powers willing and able to loose the atomic genie. Once they do this, the rest should be easy
.

Last week an independent report revealed that more than 655,000 innocent people have died in Iraq as a result of the U.S. invasion. (Technically correct except that most of those deaths were caused by Islamic terrorists.) Just today the Brookings Institution reported a half-million people have been displaced since February - an estimated 100,000 of them children. One report puts the total number of displaced persons at 800,000. I wonder about the agenda of those making the reports mentioned. Clearly the crisis is spiraling out of all control. Wrong! It is completely under control of the Islamic terrorists, insurrectionists who are being encouraged and emotionally supported by liberal Democrats and the main stream media. That the propaganda from the terrorists is mainly a repeat, often word for word, of things being said by many Democrats in the media, must be obvious to all but the most prejudiced.

Today when asked about the President's reaction to the mounting death toll, the White House Press Secretary responded that "his strategy is to win." Winning, in his terminology means helping create a free, democratic and independent Iraq able to defend itself and take care of its people.

When is winning losing? Jesus asked, "What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?" (Luke 9:25) Most people of faith believe in a different kind of winning. Just as wars kill, words can heal. Just as hate destroys, love strengthens. Bonds of understanding and goodwill ? whether between persons or nations ? are made not with clenched fists, but open hands. Speaking of hate, have you listened to the hate speech of so many powerful Democrats for the last three years?

Our hearts are broken by the violence and our nation diminished by pouring U.S. troops and treasure into the middle of what amounts to a deadly civil war, causing untold misery and fueling the very fire that terrorists have been hoping for. Equally tragic is the fact that the majority of representatives in the U.S. Congress have allowed this to happen. That is why your vote this November is more important than ever. It most certainly is not our efforts that fuels the terrorists as much as does the verbal support and encouragement being given to them from those in our country who seem to want our defeat, humiliation and economic collapse. Apparently, they think they will gain power if this happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some predictions: Should the Democrats gain control of Congress and pull our troops out of Iraq as they want, (Republicans may be forced to do the same thing eventually) I believe the following events will happen, and quite soon:

1. The terrorists (including those in control in Iran, Syria, Somalia and a few other Islamic nations) will soon control the entire Middle East, including Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the rest of the Arabian peninsula.. This eventuality may be delayed as they fight among themselves to find out who will be in charge. Oh yes, during this series of events, Israel will be annihilated and Afghanistan, Pakistan and many other Muslim nations will join rather than fight the fundamentalists.

2. Once in control, they will turn off the oil spigot and watch as the western world economies collapse and burn. Europe, with it's 35% Muslim population will fall first in the following order, Spain, France, The Netherlands, and Germany. England, the Scandinavian countries and Russia will resist the longest but will probably succumb to nuclear blackmail. There will be millions of dead bodies to dispose of.

3. The American and far eastern economies will take the longest to collapse even with several terrorist nuclear attacks. Weakened America will be invaded from the south. China will stand by and cheer as America and Europe go down. They will finally do battle with Muslims with atomic weapons and who knows where that will lead.

I predict this will happen quite rapidly and quite soon - within the next ten or twenty years. I see no way it can be avoided considering the advance comments of those who may soon be in power in this country. And remember, I'm an optimist.

Please remember, I do not feel like a clairvoyant, nor do I see my opinions as unchangeable. These are merely my opinions under the present, known circumstances. Just try to consider these things rationally and not emotionally. I realize it is difficult, (It is for me as well) but rather than close your mind, think about what I have said.

No comments: